Are You in Need of Home Health Care Services?

Educate Yourself

Private Pay

Private Pay or Out-of-Pocket home care offers you the flexibility with the type and amount of home care services you want. Many insurance plans often have constraints and limitations for the type of services you want or need or you may not qualify for certain services through your health insurance.

When you use private pay services, you can avoid these constraints and can seek the home care services that accommodate all your wishes and your schedule.
25abc6 2c8bc9cc67d14350b3115e7850697a16mv2 1
25abc6 3e192a1bb6e644e98e35e7d0b4f08046mv2

Home Care

We believe that home care should come from the heart and be more than a task. Our compassionate certified home care professionals take pride assisting you or your loved with activities of daily living (ADL’s) in the comfort of your own home. Rockaway Home Care will customize our services to meet your unique needs by providing quality home care for just a few hours a day or 24/7 home care. For those who require around-the-clock assistance, a live-in caregiver can be arranged.

  • Dressing & Grooming
  • Toileting & Bathing
  • Meal Preparation
  • Medication Reminders
  • Companionship
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Respite Care
  • Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care


This NYS Medicaid funded program allows seniors & people with disabilities to select, train and direct their own caregivers, including family members and friends. Caregivers enrolled in the CDPAP program are not required to be certified or licensed. CDPAP providers do not confront the limitations that many home health aides do, such as, restrictions on administering medications, or insulin injections.
It’s Easy:

1. Get Assessed:
A nurse will visit the patient’s home to assess their needs and then determine the level of care and number of hours that are necessary for the patient to remain safely in their home.

2. Choose Your Caregiver:
Once the patient is approved, you can choose the caregiver of your choice, including your son/daughter, friend, relative or neighbor. We will then enroll you in our CDPAP program.

3. Win/Win Solution:
You get a loved one as your caregiver. Your loved one gets paid.

* Spouses are not eligible
25abc6 6e1294d5a8844fa99df04535d148724bmv2
25abc6 733bf01f644a496eb5f58225065deef2mv2

Medicaid Planning

Don’t hassle with all the forms to fill out. Rockaway Home Care specialists help make the Medicaid enrollment process easy for you by navigating you through every facet of Medicaid enrollment.

They possess the knowledge and resources to overcome common frustrations and difficulties while expediently filing your Medicaid application.

This is a free service for those interested in receiving Home Care or CDPAP.

Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD)

Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) program is a Medicaid program that may offer you an alternative to living in a nursing home. If you are eligible for Medicaid, need nursing home level of care, between the ages 18 and 64 with a physical disability, age 65 or older, and can live safely in the community with services then NHTD may be for you.

​ As a participant, you may qualify for such services as:
  • Help with daily tasks and activities such as personal hygiene​
  • Support and training with independent living skills​
  • Home modifications such as a ramp
  • Assistive technology devices such as controls for lights, phones, and heat
  • A structured day program
  • Transportation to social activities
  • Help to integrate into the community like moving costs or moving assistance
You can select a service coordinator specialist that helps you complete the program application and set up the services right for you to live safely in the community. Once enrolled you will receive ongoing support from your service coordinator to make sure you continue to get the service you need.

How to apply?
Contact us at: (516) 239-8693 Ext 277
Or email us at:
25abc6 1886413ab8df476b96fb1fbb154aaa90mv2
25abc6 fefcd3da69f5481fba3761248f085e3emv2

Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)

Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a Medicaid waiver program that provides services to persons with a TBI. The purpose of the program is to help persons with a TBI live in the community setting of their choice.

​ To enroll in the TBI waiver, you must:
  • If you are a Medicaid recipient, choose to live in the community rather than in a nursing facility
  • Between the ages 18 and 64 at the time you apply for waiver services
  • Have a primary diagnosis of TBI or similar non-degenerative condition that results in deficits similar to a TBI such as stroke, or anoxia (oxygen supply loss)
  • Assessed to need nursing home level of care
  • Have an approved plan of available services that reflects the services you need for you to live safely in the community

​ Then TBI may be for you.
Services included in the TBI Waiver are: ​
  • Service Coordination
  • Independent Living Skills Training
  • Structured Day Programs
  • Substance Abuse Programs
  • Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
  • Community Integration Counseling
  • Home and Community Support Services
  • Environmental Modifications
  • Respite Care
  • Assistive Technology (special medical equipment and supplies)
  • Waiver Transportation
  • Community Transitional Services

In the TBI Medicaid waiver, a Service Coordinator assists you with developing a service plan designed. The coordinator helps you reach your personal goals for living and receiving care, and for achieving maximum independence in your home community. The waiver services in your plan are determined by your strengths, needs, and choice for care. ​

How to apply?
Contact us at: (516) 239-8693 Ext 277
Or email us at: